Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Entry #100

   Ashla is growing up fast. She's been hiding out with Stlian lately, and in the Nix bunker. She says he fixed it up nicely, and she's all proud of herself for helping him. She has a lot to be proud of, these days. Stlian is training her to fight and evade in style. She told me all about how she was able to elude him in a training exercise--  all in her little dress and heels! What impressed me most, though, was her quick thinking. She hid in the river. Remembering stories from Lawrence and me, she ducked under the water, and breathed through a straw-like reed she bit off while she was down below. Crafty little one..  I think she's ready for more advanced work.

   Pockets, in the meantime, is doing work of his own. He's been meeting Crosswire and Ry for me, in the underlevels of Coruscaunt, to help with a facet of our investigation. Because of the similarity between Plo's situation and the situation I was in with Silverson down there, it's important to cover all bases. I thought he might tire of always shuttling back and forth between Coruscaunt and The Rim, but he seems very enthusiastic about the assignment for some reason. He was such a... well.... wimp when I took him to the commons in Red Sands, I thought for sure he'd hate the dirty, dusty junkheaps in the underlevels even worse. Yet Lawrence says, as he supervises the missions, that he can't keep away. He'll spend hours even after his assignments with Ry and the other children scrounging for salvage in the heart of the dump itself! Always the ones you least expect..

   Not to be outdone, even little Blake is making advancements. She's getting stronger, and even a bit mobile. If I set her on the floor, she'll scoot and wriggle and flop about like she's trying to get somewhere. She doesn't seem to be advancing in speech, though, at all like the twins did when they were her size. It's a developmental milestone that I'll have to consult the ...preistess? ...preistess in training? ..doctor? Kiora about, next appointment at the temple. I've already asked my mother about it, and she says that while Blake does seem a little slow, in that respect, children tend to catch up in their own way, in their own time. It may, we theorized, have to do with her force-traits compensating for her lack of audio-communication skills. She seems to be a natural telepath..  unconciously sending breif signals when she stares at others. It makes me wonder if she can "hear" as well as "speak". In any case, I tend to sheild her face with a blanket when we go out, scince I've noticed that the phenomenon only occurs when she makes steady eye-contact with another.

   Keren is marrying a bothaness, Ryuko. If I didn't know better, I'd say that maybe he took on something of Sayon's.. eh..  instinct..  with his memories. In any case, I'm happy to see him in love again, and happier still with a woman who will stand by him. He's given me the honor, and duty, of seeing to the details of the ceremony, and marrying the pair on my yacht Starstreak. I only hope thepreparations will be to his liking. While he does say that however I think is best will do fine, I worry that there are certain tastes of his that some practical matter or other might offend. He wants, for example, for nobody to be armed- something I wouldn't have even thought of on my own. I've made it a point to study more traditional weddings, with Ashla's help, and we're going to build a nice "alter" around the technical preperations. I hope it turns out well.

   I know I have more to report, but I wanted to focus on some nice things while they're happening, before I go back and tackle the heavier things. Take the good while you can have it, I say. The rest will be saved for another time...  hopefully with more answers than I have now.

*END*


Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment